Math Mountains

I made these math centers for my dinosaurs next year!  I have not used it in my room but am looking forward to!  So I made the splash mountains to use for the rest of the year!  If anyone uses these please let me know how they work for you and anything I need to adjust!  Happy Saturday!

Here are a few Easter/Spring secret code words!  Great for morning work or an independent Literacy Center!
Explanation of Math Mountains

Students use Math Mountains to show a total and two partners. The total is written
at the top of the mountain, and the partners are written at the bottom. Students can
imagine that the total splits into two parts that roll down opposite sides of the
mountain. Eight equations can be written for a given Math Mountain.

Math expressions explanation of tiny tumblers/Math Mountains. Click here!  This is our first year with math expressions and love it!  Click here for the math expressions explanation!  I hope these help! It is a great way to show partners of numbers.

5 comments

  1. We use math mountains!! love this, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look cute but I've never used math mountains! How do they work?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are using Math Mountains this week. I think the first one will need another number dice. But the second looks good. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never used these before. Can you explain how the dice are used with them? Right now it seems like fact families to me.

    Thanks!
    Lessons Learned

    ReplyDelete